I've been successfully using Struts Shale 1.0.3 with MyFaces 1.1.x & Tomhawk
1.1.x. Now I want to upgrade to MyFaces Core 1.2.x which is a JSF 1.2
implementation. Can someone please tell me if JSF 1.2 makes some of features in
Struts Shale Core obsolete - for instance the ViewController mechanism? Will
Struts Shale work with MyFaces 1.2 seamlessly?

My code is relying heavily on the shale framework (core) - all my managed beans
extend the AbstractViewController class and rely on the ViewController calls
made by the framework to prerender, init & co. I am also using some of the
validation tags.

I didn't dig up the JSF 1.2 documentation but I think I read somewhere that JSF
1.2 offers something similar to the ViewController mechanism.

Thanks

Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new
Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at
http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php