On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:23 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

> Rahul, I debugged and this is my conclusion:
> org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogPhaseListener in
> beforeRenderResponse put in the ViewRoot the
> "org.apache.shale.dialog.OPAQUE_STATE" attribute. The value of this
> attribute is, in my case, a class of BasicDialogContext$TopState and
> there is a reference to DialogImpl (BasicDialoContext has a property
> dialog and TopState is an inner class of BasicDialoContext).

<snap/>

Makes sense.

> So I think that the solution could be modify DialogImpl to implement
> Serializable?
<snip/>

Not really, I think TopState should rather be a static nested class (I
don't see any reason for it to be an inner class, the way things are
at the moment). Can you try making that change and testing your app?

Interim, you could choose a different dialog state storage strategy,
such as "stack" (see very bottom of this page [1]), and that should
remedy this as well.

Please open an issue in JIRA (and try the suggestions above if you can).

-Rahul

[1] http://shale.apache.org/shale-dialog-basic/