Hi Krishna,

Some planned features for MLlib 1.2 can be found via Spark JIRA:
http://bit.ly/1ywotkm , though this list is not fixed. The feature
freeze will happen by the end of Oct. Then we will cut branch-1.2 and
start QA. I don't recommend using branch-1.2 for hands-on tutorial
around Oct 29th because that branch is not full tested at that time.
You should use 1.1 instead. Its binary packages and documentation can
be easily found on spark.apache.org, which is important for making
hands-on tutorial.

Best,
Xiangrui