De :    Carlo.Allocca <carlo.allo...@open.ac.uk>
A :     Mohit Jaggi <mohitja...@gmail.com>
Cc :    Carlo.Allocca <carlo.allo...@open.ac.uk>, "user@spark.apache.org"
<user@spark.apache.org>
Date :  2016-11-04 03:39
Objet : Re: LinearRegressionWithSGD and Rank Features By Importance

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for your reply.
OK. it means coefficient with high score are more important that other
with low score…

Many Thanks,
Best Regards,
Carlo

> On 3 Nov 2016, at 20:41, Mohit Jaggi <mohitja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For linear regression, it should be fairly easy. Just sort the
co-efficients :)

> Mohit Jaggi
> Founder,
> Data Orchard LLC
> www.dataorchardllc.com
>

>> On Nov 3, 2016, at 3:35 AM, Carlo.Allocca <carlo.allo...@open.ac.uk>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using SPARK and in particular the MLib library.
>>
>> import org.apache.spark.mllib.regression.LabeledPoint;
>> import org.apache.spark.mllib.regression.LinearRegressionModel;
>> import org.apache.spark.mllib.regression.LinearRegressionWithSGD;
>>
>> For my problem I am using the LinearRegressionWithSGD and I would like
to perform a “Rank Features By Importance”.

>> I checked the documentation and it seems that does not provide such
methods.

>> Am I missing anything?  Please, could you provide any help on this?
>> Should I change the approach?
>>
>> Many Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Carlo
>>

>> -- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an
exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC
038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority.