Hi Jacek

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/StorageHandlers

The motivation is to make it possible to allow Hive to access data stored
and managed by other systems in a modular, extensible fashion.

I have hive script which have custom storage handler , something like this

create table

   1. CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE $temp_output
   2. (
   3. data String
   4. )
   5. STORED BY 'ABCStorageHandler' LOCATION '$table_location'
   TBLPROPERTIES (
   6.
   7. );

when I migrate to Spark it says STORED BY operation is not permitted.

Regards
Pralabh Kumar