Thanks Assaf, you tried with *tags/v2.4.0-rc2?*

Full Code:

MyDataSource is the entry point which simply creates Reader and Writer

public class MyDataSource implements DataSourceV2, WriteSupport,
ReadSupport, SessionConfigSupport {

  @Override public DataSourceReader createReader(DataSourceOptions options)
{
    return new MyDataSourceReader(options.asMap());
  }

  @Override
  public Optional<DataSourceWriter> createWriter(String jobId, StructType
schema,
      SaveMode mode, DataSourceOptions options) {
    // creates a dataSourcewriter here..
    return Optional.of(dataSourcewriter);
  }

  @Override public String keyPrefix() {
    return "myprefix";
  }

}

public class MyDataSourceReader implements DataSourceReader,
SupportsScanColumnarBatch {

  StructType schema = null;
  Map<String, String> options;

  public MyDataSourceReader(Map<String, String> options) {
    System.out.println("MyDataSourceReader.MyDataSourceReader:
Instantiated...." + this);
    this.options = options;
  }

  @Override
  public List<InputPartition<ColumnarBatch>> planBatchInputPartitions() {
    //variable this.schema is null here since readSchema() was called on a
different instance
    System.out.println("MyDataSourceReader.planBatchInputPartitions: " +
this + " schema: " + this.schema);
    //more logic......
    return null;
  }

  @Override
  public StructType readSchema() {
    //some logic to discover schema
    this.schema = (new StructType())
        .add("col1", "int")
        .add("col2", "string");
    System.out.println("MyDataSourceReader.readSchema: " + this + " schema:
" + this.schema);
    return this.schema;
  }
}