Woodchuck wrote:
As soon as IE becomes open source we can start that. Until then, or until IE's market share drops into single digits we're forced to deal with browsers as a given. Besides, much of the visceral dislike for javascript is based on older browsers that were not at all consistend. Trying to write cross-browser IE4-NS4 javascript is often an exercise in frustration. In the IE6 - Moz 1.7 Firefox 1.0x (sorry I'm not a Mac guy so I don't know the current ver for its browser) most problems can be avoided by using DOM compliant code rather than IE specific code. This ain't yer daddy's DHTML.

sorry, i couldn't resist >.<

actually, why don't we address this problem at the source rather than
using this javascript patch solution?  (at least this is how i see it)

why don't the browser makers build internal mechanisms to allow posting
of forms without the need to refresh the html page?  why don't we
re-architect the browswer and address this problem (and others) at that
fundamental level?

is this not conceivable?

woodchuck

--- Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

JavaScript provides a client side rather developed engine in
JavaScript as well as Flash, etc. This is merely a resource. The
"yuck, ptooey! ptooey" response to these ideas, especially ones in
production and successful for quite a while, strikes me as rather
less
than professional. I think it is interesting that JavaScript, which
have avoided like the plague, has kept building a market despite a
lot
of prejudice from people like myself, not to mention Woodchuck. ///;-)