hmm I dont think I understand. so instead of redirecting to an action
mapping, just add the HTML myself, like you would if you were writing a
servlet (no jsp) application? interesting.

you're right, I dont need a nice tiles definition page for my pdf/xls
output.. all I really need is to pop up a browser, set the content type, and
direct the response into the new browser.

is there a way to target a browser like you can in a <LINK> but using an
<HTML:BUTTON>? like a target="pdfOutput" or something? that might work..

hmmmm

On 5/12/05, Benedict, Paul C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> David,
>
> You could have your response return HTML with rendered JavaScript; the
> script would then automatically pop open a new window with the destination
> link that generates your unstructured content. You could even provide a
> link
> in the response if the JavaScript doesn't run automatically.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

-Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]