What part of this would AJAX solve? Not questioning because I know to be
smart, but honestly asking. Right now what we're doing is having the
popup submit itself to a traditional action, then refreshing to another
JSP that handles that the updating of the parent page. I'd love it if
AJAX were the solution, but I'm not sure I see how it solves where we're
stuck, which is that we need the component to reusable to update 1 to N
fields and N form names. Thus it needs to be more flexible than the
hard-coded example provided somehow. Without having us create a half
dozen almost identical (save form names and fields to update) JSP pages
and actions.

Preston

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/18/2005 1:05:54 AM >>>
hi,
 you can try some technique similar to AJAX. Open the popup and do the
necessary search either directly doing a http request..with submit or
using HttpXMLRequest if your server support such request. And then use
javascript window.open.href etc to point to the form in the page and
do
the necessary updations.you can both change the form values or add
components to the html page.
try it..do inform the result.
Regards,
R.Raghavan

On 11/17/05, Preston CRAWFORD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> the UI requirement is that the user perform the
> search and then (as transparent as possible to them) have the page
> refresh the portions of the display that say what medical provider
is
> currently selected.

Ajax?

> Basically we want a popup that performs a search, updates some data
on
> the page and in the form on the page, without actually doing the
final
> submit and save.

You can submit HTML form to server, store temporary data in the
session (for example, as a nested property of session- scoped
ActionForm) and then commit session data to the database only if
needed. If not needed, session data is discarded and database knows
nothing about it.

> Hopefully someone gets the question and can help.

I guess I did not :)

Michael.