Hi All

What is the state of play with WebWork / Struts Action 2.0?

I am trying to come up with a design / architecture / proposal
for a new aspect of an enterprise project.

I have been reading the WebWork in Action book, and I have come
to the conclusion that it is best to start a brand Action-Oriented
framework using WebWork 2.2. I found the design decisions in the
book to really solid, and not fanciful. Especially like the
decision to use OGNL as the EL.

I have a requirement to possibly build a new web application to
support portlets and also be displayable in a standard Java EE
webapp server in the future. Does WebWork 2.2 support portlets?

Basically it looks like the web application has to
support two view styles.

One style is the classical Tiles and regionalisation of the
JSP view. For instance you would have a corporate header,
footer, a navigation menu and a content area. This is something
that every web developer like myself has done over the
last five years.

The other style is to chuck all the extra tiles stuff away like
the header, portal and menu system. For the portlet view
just render the content region. The content
view is the same as it would with the Tiles regions.

What I want to know is this architecturally possible to
develop with WebWork now or is this on the book of work
to do?

I have called this a ``style'', but now I come to think
of it ought to be called a ``mode'' as in mode of (render)
employment.

Thoughts are most welcome, even from the Component-oriented people.

Thanks in advance

--
Peter Pilgrim :: J2EE Software Development & Architecture
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse Group - "One Bank",

disclaimer: