Thanks everyone for their opinions. I was indeed hoping to hear both
sides of this matter, with both bringing valid arguments and make good
points.

I was wondering with popular frameworks like struts, spring and
hibernate integrated together and the increasing adoption of test
driven, and agile development, there should be at least a couple of
comprehensive, and well documented strategies on how to perform such
kind of unit testing with the whole working stack included in the unit
tests.

I am somewhat curious in trying to do this and making it work, so if
anyone is aware of any other resources, or strategies in addition to
Greg's article, where Spring is involved, I'd be very interested in
taking a look at them.

Or, if someone has done such Struts testing before and wouldn't mind
sharing some high-level advice, or hints toward a good starting point,
that would be very helpful and I am sure others can find this
information of value too.

Again, thank you for your input.