Haroon Rafique wrote:
We like to test against the complete struts context include the relevant interceptor stack. This gives us the ability to test for all kinds of combinations of compelte and partially incomplete input.

IMO that's outside the purview of unit testing, though--by definition this describes integration testing: the testing of an action along with the framework.

There's nothing *wrong* with doing that testing, I just don't think it's the same thing as unit testing: independently testing the smallest bits of functionality.

JUnit can be used for that kind of testing too (and I do, sometimes), but once I'm at that point I generally figure I might as well just be doing client-focused testing and testing the output of my results. I also use Selenium, although I may switch back to using a layer I wrote on top of Watir.

Dave