com.mysql.jdbc.Driver for MySQL

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver for SQL Server

Yes, I'm trying to configure a DBTable Connector Bundle?

________________________________
From: Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 1:02 AM
To: user@syncope.apache.org
Subject: Re: Any tutorials?

On 2017-08-20 01:20 Sergio Muriel wrote:

> Although I can see now the drivers in:
>
> core/target/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/mssql-jdbc-6.1.0.jre8.jar
>
> core/target/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.42.jar
>
> I still get the same error "InvalidExternalResource [JDBC Driver is not
> found on classpath.]" when I try to create a new resource.
>
> I did as you suggest:
>
> * Added the dependency to core/pom.xml
> * Rebuilt everything from the root directory via "mvn -Pall clean
> install".
> * Ran it from enduser via "mvn -P embedded,all"
>
> I don't know what is wrong.

Which value did you provide for the "JDBC Driver" property? Are you
attempting to configure the DBTable Connector Bundle?

https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BASE/pages/360497/Database+Table#DatabaseTable-ConfigurationProperties

Regards.

> FROM: Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
> SENT: Saturday, August 19, 2017 7:39 AM
> TO: user@syncope.apache.org
> SUBJECT: Re: Any tutorials?
>
> Hi Sergio,
> about some points below:
>
>> First point about AnyTypeClasses worked flawlessly. (Although I'm
>> still trying
>> to figure out why I cannot reuse those schemata pre-loaded there).
>
> The pre-loaded Schemas are already assigned to some AnyTypeClass - and
> each Schema might be assigned to an AnyTypeClass instance at most.
>
>> I take back part of what I said on the second point. The dependency
>> addition
>> actually works and downloads the drivers, but I did it on
>> enduser/pom.xml
>> instead of core/pom.xml because the Getting Started page [1] suggests
>> to run it
>> from there:
>>
>> " ...... then, from the enduser subdirectory, execute:
>> mvn -P embedded,all"
>
> Logically, the MySQL JDBC driver is used by the Core, not by the
> Enduser UI, so the correct procedure is to add the dependency to
> core/pom.xml, rebuild everything from the root directory via "mvn clean
> install" or "mvn -Pall clean install", then move back to the enduser
> subdirectory and start as reported by the Getting Started guide.
>
> Regards.
>
> On 19-ago-17, at 2:37, Sergio Muriel <sergio...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi again Francesco,
>
>> I take back part of what I said on the second point. The dependency
>> addition
>> actually works and downloads the drivers, but I did it on
>> enduser/pom.xml
>> instead of core/pom.xml because the Getting Started page [1] suggests
>> to run it
>> from there:
>
>> " ...... then, from the enduser subdirectory, execute:
>> mvn -P embedded,all"
>
>> Is it okay?
>
>> [1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html
Apache Syncope 2.0.4 - Getting
Started<https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html>
syncope.apache.org
Apache Syncope is an Open Source system for managing digital identities in
enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology and released under
the Apache 2 ...

> Apache Syncope 2.0.4 - Getting Started
> syncope.apache.org
> Apache Syncope is an Open Source system for managing digital identities
> in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology and
> released under the Apache 2 ...

[https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oGAR15tTiZE/V8BYTwBp2FI/AAAAAAAAAuE/0xCqMS0h0Oo65t0BFIcGsr9AAyGBd9G2gCLcB/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/schemas.png]<http://coheigea.blogspot.it/2016/08/pulling-users-and-groups-from-ldap-into.html>

Pulling users and groups from LDAP into Apache Syncope
2.0.0<http://coheigea.blogspot.it/2016/08/pulling-users-and-groups-from-ldap-into.html>
coheigea.blogspot.it
A previous tutorial showed how to synchronize (pull) users and roles into
Apache Syncope 1.2.x from an LDAP backend (Apache Directory). Int...

> Pulling users and groups from LDAP into Apache Syncope 2.0.0
> coheigea.blogspot.it
> A previous tutorial showed how to synchronize (pull) users and roles
> into Apache Syncope 1.2.x from an LDAP backend (Apache Directory).
> Int...
>
>>> Also, someone started a primer a while ago
>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Apache+Syncope+2.0+Primer
Apache Syncope 2.0 Primer - Apache Software
Foundation<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Apache+Syncope+2.0+Primer>
cwiki.apache.org
Often, when Apache Syncope is used to store user data, it becomes important to
customize the fields that can be added to user. For example, if we needed to
include an ...

> Apache Syncope 2.0 Primer - Apache Software Foundation
> cwiki.apache.org
> Often, when Apache Syncope is used to store user data, it becomes
> important to customize the fields that can be added to user. For
> example, if we needed to include an ...
>
>>> but it's in the very early stages.
>
>>> At a high level, for your own use case you'll need to:
>
>>> 1. define all the plain schemas you want to model for the Internal
>>> Storage
>>> 2. create one or more Connectors
>>> 3. for each Connector, create one or more External Resource where you
>>> define the
>>> mapping between Internal Storage's schemas and External Resource's
>>> attributes
>>> 4. for each Resource you want to pull users from, create a Pull Task
>
>>> I'd suggest to start with one Connector / Resource (maybe for the DB
>>> you want to
>>> pull users from) and then proceed incrementally.
>
>>> If the users you want to pull from the external DB fit in a single
>>> table, you
>>> can use the DBTable connector, otherwise you'll need the ScriptedSQL,
>>> which
>>> also requires to code / adjust some Groovy scripts to work.
>
>>> Maybe it's also an idea for you to start with the Standalone
>>> Distribution, which
>>> is full of test data, and look at how things are configured there.
>
>>> HTH
>>> Regards.
--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/
Tirasa - Open Source Excellence<http://www.tirasa.net/>
www.tirasa.net
Apache Syncope Enduser: Testing (part 2) Following the first post on this topic
- which introduced some testing tools for the Apache Syncope Enduser UI - this
post ...

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/
Francesco Chicchiriccò / The Apache Software
Foundation<http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/>
home.apache.org
About me. My name is Francesco Chicchiriccò, and my surname has been a tricky
challenge since I was born in 1977, every time I had to get in touch with any
public ...