Hi Lynn,

please read in line.

Il 29/07/19 23:58, lfinch ha scritto:
Hello - I'm running a 2.1.2 implementation and have 9 plain schema defined.
I'm using CSVDIR as connector.  Pull task is set to full recon,
matching=update, unmatching = provision (create/update/sync). Push task is
also matching=update, unmatching = provision (create/update/sync). I'm using
the same connector and external resource for push and pull.  No fancy
mapping.  All very vanilla.

Here are my questions.  The pull processes about 160 records per minute,
about 25-26 at a time.  The push processes about 32 records per minute, 5 at
a time.

1)  We need to improve speed overall.  Our initial production load will be
200K.  Any suggestions on where we can tweak for higher throughput?
For production like yours and in general for increase performance I can suggest you to not use the CSVDIR as a connector. This connector is not the best one in order to have a performing environment.

2) Why is there such a different in pull and push task performance?

There is a performance gap between the pull and the push simply because the pull is more complex than the push: during the pull there are matches to do with the Syncope internal entities.

In order to improve speed overall, are you already using PostgreSQL as a DBMS? Using PostreSQL + JSON can, for sure, increase the performance like you can see here [1].

You can find a reference in [2] about PostgreSQL and JSONB.

Thanks!
Lynn

--
Sent from: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/

[1] https://www.tirasa.net/blog/benchmarking-apache-syncope-on-postgresql

[2] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/2.1/reference-guide.html#postgresql-jsonb

Best regards,

--
Dott. Lorenzo Di Cola

Software Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale Vittoria Colonna, 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope Committer
http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=loredicola