Hi,
please see my replies inline.

Regards.

On 01/04/23 01:58, alx wrote:

Hi everyone,

i am currently trying to deploy syncope 3.x on a Server to evaluate if it fits
our Needs. Unfortunately following the getting started guide and than the
reference guide i am not able to get syncope to work on the tomcat 10 on the
Server. When ever i try to Access any syncope Service via
http://host:8080/syncope(...)i am getting a 404 error.

If you look carefully at the getting started guide, you might notice that
Tomcat 10.x is not supported, but Tomcat 9.x is:

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/3.0/getting-started.html#java-ee-container

Changing the Tomcat version might be enough to fix your issue.

Except for the Swagger Service where i am getting a 404 some json not found.
All of my custom apps and tomcats own Services are reachable and working so i
would assume the tomcat is Setup correctly. The logs do not indicate any
Errors. I build the syncope wars via Maven and following the getting started
guide. I than edited the *.properties according to the referenc guide. If
deployed anywhere other than localhost does the discover url in the properties
have to be http://host:8080 or localhost:8080? In anycase i tried Setting it to
both and i am still getting a 404 error. Anyone got any hints on how to proceed?

If your purpose is just evaluation, I'd rather go with Standalone Distribution:

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/3.0/getting-started.html#standalone

which comes pre-configured with a whole set of components and test data you can
freely play with.

Naturally, in case your evaluation is going positive, I'd recommend to switch
to Docker images or to generate an empty Maven project to customize.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/