Greetings:

I am using XFire, EJB and Hibernate.

I am accessing this ejb from a web service project...

In the ejb project...
I have an EJB bean class named RegistrarEr.java.
Also, I've an Hibernate dataobject named RegistrationEr.java too..
This data object has another data object like the following in it..

   This is a hibernate generated data object.

 public class ChallengeQuestion extends AbstractChallengeQuestion
implements java.io.Serializable {

 }

public abstract class AbstractRegistrationEr implements java.io.Serializable{

private ChallengeQuestion challengeQuestion;

}

I am creating a binding file for this dataobject , using
RegistrationEr.aegis.xml as follows

  RegistrationEr.aegis.xml

<mappings>
  <mapping>
      <property name="challengeQuestion" componentType="
com.vrs.selfserv.hibernate.dataobject.ChallengeQuestion" />
      <method name="getChallengeQuestion">
          <return-type componentType="
com.vrs.selfserv.hibernate.dataobject.ChallengeQuestion" />
      </method>
      <method name="setChallengeQuestion">
          <return-type componentType="
com.vrs.selfserv.hibernate.dataobject.ChallengeQuestion" />
      </method>
  </mapping>
</mappings>

This is my services.xml
<beans xmlns="http://xfire.codehaus.org/config/1.0";>

   <service>
       <name>RegistrarService</name>
       <serviceClass>
           com.vrs.selfserv.session.interfaces.RegistrarService
       </serviceClass>
       <implementationClass>
           com.vrs.selfserv.session.ejb.Registrar
       </implementationClass>
       <use>literal</use>
       <scope>application</scope>
   </service>
   <service>
       <name>RegistrarErService</name>
       <namespace>http://</namespace>
       <serviceClass>
           com.vrs.selfserv.session.interfaces.RegistrarErService
       </serviceClass>
       <implementationClass>
           com.vrs.selfserv.session.ejb.RegistrarEr
       </implementationClass>
       <use>literal</use>
       <scope>application</scope>
   </service>
</beans>

When I start the server after deploying it, Iam getting the following
error..
Any Idea..??

ERROR [XFireServlet] Error initializing XFireServlet.

bean
with name 'org.codehaus.xfire.spring.ServiceBean#1' defined in class path
resource [META-INF/xfire/services.xml]: Initialization of bean failed;
nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Error
evaluating xpath /mappings/[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
http://interfaces.session.selfserv.vrs.com'<http://interfaces.session.selfserv.vrs.com%27/>].
Nested exception is
org.jdom.JDOMException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Text:
org/jdom/Text

org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Error evaluating xpath
/mappings/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]'http://interfaces.session.selfserv.vrs.com'<http://interfaces.session.selfserv.vrs.com%27/>].
Nested
exception is org.jdom.JDOMException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError :
org/jdom/Text: org/jdom/Text

org.jdom.JDOMException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Text:
org/jdom/Text

If I remove the RegistrationEr.aegis.xml file, the server starts up
without
any error..But, throws the following error, when I try to access the
WSDL...

org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Couldn't create type for
property
challengeQuestion on class
com.vrs.selfserv.hibernate.dataobject.RegistrationEr : Error evaluating
xpath
/mappings/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]'http://interfaces.session.selfserv.vrs.com'<http://interfaces.session.selfserv.vrs.com%27/>
].
Nested exception is org.jdom.JDOMException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/jdom/Text: org/jdom/Text

  Also, I've the jdom.jar in the webservice project classpath...
  I tried adding the jdom.jar to the EJB project classpath..But, still it
did not work..!

Thanks,
-Ganesh.