Am 07.11.2011 20:33, schrieb Mark Struberg:
hi Christian!

guess this was meant for u...@openwebbeans.apache.org? :)

LieGrue,
strub

----- Original Message -----
From: Christian Beikov<christian.bei...@gmail.com>
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2011 7:16 PM
Subject: OWB Decorator problem

Hello there!

I have a problem with OWB that does not occur on WELD and I wasn't able to
find a solution for that yet.
I am using OWB 1.0 shipped with IBM WAS 8.0.0.1 and the scenario is like this:

class A implements Service{}
class ADecorator implements Service{}
class InterceptorImpl{}

Now I call a method of the Service interface and the call is delegated to the
decorator as expected. The decorator passes the call to the underlying
implementation and the impl throws an exception. Now the decorator does not see
the concrete exception that occurred in the impl but an
InvocationTargetException and within that, the actual exception.

Am I wrong or should I see the actual exception and not the
InvocationTargetException? I can't even add an Interceptor to the decorator
methods to generically unwrap that exception, because AroundInvoke interceptors
are not called if they are applied on decorators. Is that the expected behavior
too?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Christian