hi thorsten,

first of all: welcome @ myfaces!

it depends on the server you are using. that's a plain cdi
rule/"restriction" (it isn't a codi issue). as soon as you have multiple
versions of the same cdi enabled lib in the classpath of an application, a
cdi implementation like openwebbeans will fail during the bootstrapping
process. usually it's enough to ensure that there is only one version of a
cdi enabled lib (in this case the codi-bundle jar) in a war-file.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2011/11/14 ThorstenMohr <wikinge...@gmx.de>

> hello,
> we are using cdi 1.0.2 -  this works fine as long as we use cdi only in
the
> web-module. When i add cdi to another module using manifest.mf i get the
> following exception :
>
> org.apache.webbeans.exception.WebBeansConfigurationException: WebBeans XML
> configuration defined in

file:C:\Daten\workspaces\rad8_T2S\ICM\compilations_src\apache\myfaces\codi\myfaces-extcdi-bundle-jsf20-1.0.2-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar!/META-INF/beans.xml