Hi

MyFaces in that part has some junit test cases for config ordering. If
portletfacesbridge has:

        <ordering>
                <before>
                        <others/>
                </before>
        </ordering>

That means it is the first application configuration resource to be
processed, so if it wraps the default HTML_BASIC renderkit (it does)
and icefaces or primefaces do the same, the wrapper on top will be the
last processed configuration resource. So the behavior described is
correct. The solution could be create another faces-config.xml inside
portletfacesbrigde jar file (renderkit.faces-config.xml for example),
and add this processing instruction:

        <ordering>
                <after>
                        <others/>