Hello,

Could someone tell me why I would get the below waning about
expireSessionsOnShutdown not being set

WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match
[Server/Service/Engine/Host/Cluster/Manager] failed to set property
[expireSessionsOnShutdown] to [false]

I am using Tomcat 10.1.19 and trying to get clusting set up so session data is
not lost because of web app being deployed on two servers and service by a load
balancer

Here is my server.xml  snippet...........

<Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps/station"  unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" undeployOldVersions="true">

           <!--For clustering, please take a look at documentation at:
                                            /docs/cluster-howto.html  (simple
how to)
                             /docs/config/cluster.html (reference
documentation) -->

          <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"

channelSendOptions="6">

                                                       <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.BackupManager"

expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"

notifyListenersOnReplication="true"

mapSendOptions="6"/>

                                                       <Channel
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">
                                                         <Membership
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"

address="228.0.0.4"

port="45564"

frequency="500"

dropTime="3000"/>
                                                         <Receiver
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"

address="auto"
                                                                   port="5000"

selectorTimeout="100"

maxThreads="6"/>

                                                         <Sender
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">
                                                           <Transport
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender"/>
                                                         </Sender>
                                                         <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector"/>
                                                         <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor"/>
                                                         <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.ThroughputInterceptor"/>
                                                       </Channel>

                                                       <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve"

filter=".*\.gif|.*\.js|.*\.jpeg|.*\.jpg|.*\.png|.*\.htm|.*\.html|.*\.css|.*\.txt|.*\.jsp|.*\.vpp"/>

                                                       <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
                        </Cluster>

And in my application web.xml I have......... the needed

<distributable />

Rick Noel
Systems Programmer | Westwood One
rn...@westwoodone.com