From: Chuck Caldarale <n82...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2024 3:37 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: [EXT]Re: Tomcat 10 waning that expireSessionsOnShutdown is not set

[You don't often get email from n82...@gmail.com. Learn why this is important
at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

> On Mar 21, 2024, at 14:23, Rick Noel <rn...@westwoodone.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Could someone tell me why I would get the below waning about
> expireSessionsOnShutdown not being set
>
> WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match
> [Server/Service/Engine/Host/Cluster/Manager] failed to set property
> [expireSessionsOnShutdown] to [false]
>
> I am using Tomcat 10.1.19 and trying to get clusting set up so session data
> is not lost because of web app being deployed on two servers and service by a
> load balancer
>
> Here is my server.xml  snippet...........
>
>          <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
>
> channelSendOptions="6">
>
>                                                       <Manager
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.BackupManager"
>
> expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
>
> notifyListenersOnReplication="true"
>
> mapSendOptions="6"/>

The expireSessionsOnShutdown attribute is only available for the DeltaManager,
not the BackupManager. See:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.1-doc/config/cluster-manager.html

  - Chuck

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you know the sender and you are sure the
content is safe. Please report the message using the Report Message feature in
your email client if you believe the email is suspicious.