Hi Peter,

unfortunetely I couldn't solve the problem and as it isn't so crucial at the moment, I have left it behind for now on.

Actually there might be another problem (or bug) lying around if you produce htmls' with 'noncaching' option. Cocoon seems to be leaving files open when using html-serializer with noncaching option in your pipeline. And eventually your application can crash because you exceed the maximum open files that your OS tolerates. (Cocoon 2.1.11 / Centos 4.6)

mika

Peter Sparkes kirjoitti:
Hi

I have tried using <map:pipeline type="noncaching"> and invalidate the PDF by changing the XSLT that produces it. Neither makes any difference.

It appears that FOP is getting the image from its own cache which is not being updated by the new version of the image. Like you I get the new image when I restart tomcat and hence cocoon

Have you managed to fix the problem?

Peter
Hi,

this is what Joerg Heinicke wrote about the similar problem of mine:

My guess is it's actually the PDF that is taken from the cache. I guess the cache key for the PDF does not take included resources like your images into account. If that's true you just have to invalidate the PDF. I don't know how exactly your PDF pipeline looks like but you might want to "touch" (in the Linux sense, changing the file's timestamp) an XSLT or the input XML.

(See: image caching on 4-5 March at the users-list)

mika

Peter Sparkes kirjoitti:
Hi,

I generate html and pdf, which contain images, from the a database. When I update an image the html correctly displays the new image, however the pdf incorrectly contains the old image. If I then change the new image file name the pdf displays the correct image. When I change the image file name back the old image is displayed in the pdf, not the new image.

It appears that the pdf is using a cached version of the image not the new version. Please, how can I get the pdf to display the new image rather than the old cashed image. I can't change the image file name in the production system.

I am using Cocoon 2.1.10

Thank you

Peter Sparkes