Hi Klaus,

As REST is a principle, it is possible to implement a service "in a
REST-ful manner".
However, is it correct to state, as your message suggests, that the service
would perform a sort of document conversion of an
XML document in a specified format, to a PDF file?

If this is the case, my idea would be:
- cocoon 2 is a good choice, no need to upgrade
- do not care about the REST religion, and just generate a pdf document

Jos