Hi Klaus,
> I would like to implement a WebService via Cocoon. In this case, the client
> should send a XML file to my service, it will be processed accordingly and
> delivered as a pdf back to the client.
>
> The processing of a local XML works great. Now must be implemented as a
> webservice. I would have preferred RESTful, but seems all so only with cocoon
> 3 to come.
every thing's possible with cocoon 2! It's processing XML, so nothing is
holding you back from implementing a web service! This is just an XML
request and an XML response. Cocoon is great in handling this! We build
our project's (http://sourceforge.net/projects/sirius-sign/) web service
handling entirely with Cocoon. Even WebServiceSecurity is just another
transformer ...

RESTful services don't bring new complexity to the picture, you just
have to deal with the HTTP methods instead of having just 'POST'. You
can easily handle the http method within the sitemap.  When you assume
RESTful services work with JSON, things get a bit more tricky, as it's
not XML. In this case just XMLify the request and serialize to JSON.

> Is there in this respect a tutorial or sample code?
See the mentioned project. If your lost (it's a bit bigger), just drop
me a line.

Greetings,

Andreas K.

--
Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Ströverstr. 18 - 59427 Unna
Amtsgericht Hamm HRB 5868

Directors Andreas Kühne, Heiko Veit

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales