On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Andrew Wiley <debio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like I'm not home free yet. I'm following the example for
> embedding ApacheDS, and the example's addPartition method seems to be broken
> as well. The body of the method is this:
>         JdbmPartition partition = new JdbmPartition();
>         partition.setId( partitionId );
>         partition.setSuffix( partitionDn );
>         service.addPartition( partition );
>
>         return partition;

Actually, it turns out that if I change the method definition to this:
        JdbmPartition partition = new JdbmPartition();
        partition.setId( partitionId );
        partition.setSuffix( partitionDn );
        partition.setSchemaManager(service.getSchemaManager());
        partition.setPartitionDir(new
File(service.getWorkingDirectory().getAbsolutePath() + File.pathSeparator +
partitionId));
        partition.initialize();
        service.addPartition( partition );

Everything works. Is this how I should be determining the PartitionDir?

Also, should I be worried about the few hundred log lines of the form:
6118 [main] INFO org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue  -
Cannot normalize the value :ERR_04226 I do not know how to handle
NameAndOptionalUID normalization with objects of class: [Class Name]

Thanks,
Andrew Wiley