Stuart McCulloch wrote:

it depends how much of the JARs on the classpath are already OSGi bundles,
a lot of the Maven projects I see using the bundleplugin are compiling
against 'normal' JARs, so their manifests wouldn't have the necessary
information

Well the idea is to have two "layers" in the build. First we lift all non-OSGi jars into the bundle space. Than we build against bundles only. The idea is to converge the build and runtime classpaths so it is easier for developers to keep track of the runtime structure of the system.

you'd also have to remove JDK packages from the list (depending of course on
the required execution environment) as the system bundle would be exporting
those packages

Yup there should be an exclusion filter for various purposes. Maybe the entire feature should have an on/off switch:

<_validate-constraints>true</_validate-constraints>

I'd suggest talking to Peter directly as sounds more like a general BND
option

Sure. Hopefully he is not too busy with OSGi 4.2 :)