A thought suddenly strikes me in connection with this problem.  The person in
question uses gmail, and gmail is renowned for not sending copies of your own
mails to mail lists.  I wonder if the confirmation mails are not being sent to
the users?

Probably a silly thought, but I'll voice it anyway.

//James