At 02:02 16/07/2013 -0400, Felmon Davis wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013, Doug wrote:
This is not an acronym. It can't be pronounced as a word. (See dictionary definition in URL below.)

the definition says:
-----
: a word (as NATO, radar, or laser) formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the successive parts or major parts of a compound term; [...]
-----

I'm missing the part about being pronounced as a word.

May I help? I think I can. It's right there in the second word of the definition: it says it's a *word*, so it'll be pronounced as, er, a word!

Brian Barker