Hi :)
I still hear a lot of differences in even very common phrases used in different
areas of the US.  I think it's inevitable whenever people group together in any
way.  The media seems to average things out a bit but it's more like a trading
language that doesn't really belong to anywhere and isn't really anyone's
"native" language but is added to be all sorts and then made instantly bland.
Baltimore sounds different from other places, even phrases are different.