Robert Funnell wrote
> On Sat, 6 Feb 2016, Owen Genat wrote:
>> That will just give style-based font use. For direct formatting, replace
>> "styles.xml" with content.xml.
>
> When I try this on a new .odt file that contains just a single word
> using the Liberation Serif font, the output for both styles.xml and
> content.xml lists Liberation Sans, Mangal1, Mangal, Microsoft YaHei
> and SimSun in addition to the Liberation Serif that is actually used.

Yes. Sorry. I should have said "font definitions" rather than "font use". I
generally prefer the font super-set (based on definitions) to check/prevent
substitution.

Pedro wrote
> That looks a lot like a Unix/Linux line command ;) so I will give it a go
> when I'm on my Linux box. Nevertheless it looks much more efficient than
> having to rename the odp to zip, extracting the xml files and searching
> for fonts! Thanks!
>
> The problem with styles.xml is that it is listing ALL the fonts in the
> default styles regardless of the fact that you are probably using  a small
> fraction of them. Many (most?) users only use the Default style and all
> else is direct formatting...
>
> What I'm trying to figure out is which fonts are _effectively_ used...

Yes, that is a GNU/Linux command. As you indicate though it will only give
the super-set of fonts (according to definition) rather than in-text use.
For a presentation determining this is more complex, although I am sure some
combination of GNU tools would manage a rudimentary result. Parsing XML via
anything other than XML tools is inelegant.
Best wishes, Owen.