At 16:36 08/07/2016 -0400, Charles Meyer wrote:
I looked at these 2 pages but neither had a jpg of where I can see the three icons on the status bar. [...] Can someone please please share a graphic of that place on the status bar? Do I need to activate under Toolbars - the status bar?

The Status Bar certainly needs to be toggled on for you to see it at all, of course.

Have you downloaded the LibreOffice documentation - from
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/ ? Use "Download User Guide (PDF)" to obtain the Getting Started Guide for version 5. The Status Bar is described on pages 24 and 25 of Chapter 1: Introducing LibreOffice. You can find this easily by searching for "status", of course. And yes: there is a labelled picture to help.

Here's another trick:
o Go to Tools | Options... | LibreOffice | General | Help and ensure that Tips and "Extended tips" are both ticked. o Now hover your mouse pointer over parts of the Status Bar and wait for extended tips to appear, describing the function of each part.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker