Hello,

I am working on a complex document with plenty of sections and
auto-numbered paragraphs. They're using a custom paragraph style
with a custom numbering style for that. Don't ask me why…

I now have two challenges:

  a. I'd like to include the outline numbering in the paragraph
     numbers, i.e. instead of

      3. Some Chapter

      1. First
      2. Second

     I want/need:

       3. Some Chapter

       3.1. First
       3.2. Second

     Can Libreoffice automate this for me?

  b. At every outline-relevant heading, the numbering should be
     reset. Right now it does not, but instead I get this:

      […]
       1. First
       2. Second

       C. A new chapter

       3. First
       4. Second

      until I right-click the "3." and select "restart numbering"
      from the context-menu, which I found to be rather brittle

      Can I somehow restart paragraph numbers at every section
      start?

Thanks for any insights!

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

the only real advantage to punk music is
that nobody can whistle it.

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net