On 06/03/2018 16:16, Robert Großkopf wrote:
> Hi Anne,

Hi, Robert.

> the Base-Handbook you are using is very old. Just some days ago the
> new German Base-Handbuch for LO 6.0 has been published - nearly 600
> pages.

I'll watch out for a more recent version, then.  I downloaded a copy of
the Handbook today, thinking it might be later, but it turned out to be
the same 4.0 version.  I'll scout around tomorrow.

> The Base-Handbook conbtains a chapter for changing an internal
> database to an external database. It is a part of the attachment.

That would have been very useful.  As it was, I had to start entirely
afresh, as I couldn't find any help.

> It is better to use a link to the images than to include the images
> into the database itself. The control for images will show the
> external image and could be used to read the path to external images
> to connect to the field - without any macro. There must only be a
> varchar-field in the table, which is connected to the image-control.

That doesn't sound too difficult.  I'm currently checking the image
files - it seems that only a small number are too big, but they are MUCH
too big.  After I'm sure I have that sorted, I'll go back to the Form
creation.

Just to clarify - I gather I need to add a field <Image> where I have at
the moment only the text/URL field.  I then try to set up the control
for the image so that it reads the url and displays the image.  Have I
got that right?  Test time, tomorrow.

AnneW