I selected some all capitalized text in a title, wanting to make a macro to
change it to initial caps. Ran the macro, stopped it and it worked. Went to
the macros under "My macros" in the library to assign a shortcut key.

I couldn't find the macro but found a whole new Folder named with the Title
I'd selected. Worse yet was a folder with the title of another document I'd
started. I couldn't find any way to delete either of them.

And even worse, when I looked at "My Macros" they were all gone.

Searched online and there were a couple of questions from people who had
lost all their macros, but they weren't answered. One was closed by a
moderator because (something like) it was untimely. Don't quote me on that.
Whatever it didn't seem the reason for closing it was valid.

I will uninstall and reinstall Libre Office, just losing one template I
made since my macros are gone. But can anyone tell me what I did to cause
those new folders? My macors were simple but convenient, and I can create
them again.

Peggy