On 01/31/2019 10:33 AM, Tom Williams wrote:
> Hi!  I recently learned LibreOffice 6 supports PGP signed documents.
> My question:  why would anyone want to digitally sign a document?

When you take out a loan, etc., don't you sign the document?  There are
many times you sign things.  This is just  a digital way to verify you
did.  Without this, you'd have to print out the document, sign it and
then get it to the recipient.  With digital signing, you digitally sign
it and then can email it, right from LibreOffice.