On 05/03/2020 10:52, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:28 05/03/2020 +1100, Keith Bates wrote:
I have been using the voice typing feature in Google Chrome to write some
documents, then download them in .odt format for editing.

I find that it consistently starts a new paragraph with a lower case first
letter. So I need to find the first letter of every paragraph in the document
and convert it to upper case.

Does this also work?
o Find: ^. (caret-dot)
o Replace: & (ampersand)
o Tick "Regular expressions". (No need for "Match case".)
o With the cursor in the Replace box, click Format... .
o On the Font Effects tab, for Effects select Capitals.
o Replace All.
o VoilĂ !

Brian Barker

Elegant solution, Brian.