I believe the first issue here is that I am not aware the method to use a base
document as a back end and the same manner that you might contact say a
different database using JDBC. So, I think you might need to use the API to
manually manipulate the document which is very different than maybe writing
macros inside the base document to connect to the actual database portion.

I think I said that very poorly, but I don't think you could use something like
JDBC to access. Base is the big issue here.

And my opinion, if you are writing a web app and you intend to use Java, you
might be better off with another database as your back end.

But now some others more experienced than I can weigh in.

I have however used base to access other backend databases then what is used
internally to base. The back end database for internal based documents is HSQL
I believe.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​