From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tina
Strauf (JOIN Projekt Team)
Sent: segunda-feira, 7 de Junho de 2004 8:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: bidiretional NATPT

Am Sa, den 05.06.2004 schrieb Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino um 1:06:
> > Kame NATPT translation mechanism is a bidirectional mechanism?
>
>       no.  just like IPv4 NAT, it is unidirectional, and IPv6-to-IPv4
only.
>       (you cannot identify IPv6 host from IPv4 host)

Afaik none of the IPv6-IPv4 translation mechanisms (be it NAT-PT or TRT
or...) does support communication initiated by outside (IPv4) sources
yet. IPv6/IPv4 addresses are just not mappable bidirectionally.
I know that with DSTM there where at least plans to tackle the problem
of incorporating this feature somehow. Don't know what became of it and
also don't really know, how this should/could be done.

regards,

Tina

--

JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Tina Strauf
A DFN project                   Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert
Einstein