Well I mean, what's the use of having an IPv6 address if you can just use your local link address?
There must be something I still don't understand.

On 11/23/05, Fredrik Tolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 12:15 -0500, Jason Gauthier wrote:
> When I capture packets on Windows XP and that I've set up an IPv6
> address with a DHCP server, the capture says the request is from the
> default address that we can't delete on Windows XP.

By "default address", do you mean the fe80::* link-local address?

> Any idea how I could delete it or change the default address to use?

You cannot delete the link-local address, since the IPv6 specification
requires that every node has one. As for the source address to use for
any given packet, that is decided depending on the destination address
according to RFC 3484.

According to RFC 3484, it is possible to make a certain address
"preferred" for being used as source address, but even so, an address is
only tested for being preferred once it has been selected as a candidate
after being tested for scope similarity. See section 3.1 of RFC 3484 for
the definition of address scopes.

> I really need him to make requests from the DHCP address given.

Thence comes the real question: Why would you want that?

Fredrik Tolf