--- Aarno Syvänen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev: > Fra: Aarno Syvänen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Til: Thomas Søhus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Emne: Re: WML page problems,  !!!!
> Dato: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:45:22 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> Thomas Søhus wrote:
>
> > I have successfully setup the kannel wap gateway (at least i think
> so!)
> > but i'm experiencing trouble when i try to display the wml page on
> my
> > cellular phone. I simply get the message "Unsupported content". My
> > apache web server is setup with the correct mime-types.
> > I have tried to observe the communication through the network
> analyser
> > program etherreal (great program by the way), and it all seams to
> be
> > just fine. When the Phone does a wap "GET" the gateway replies with
> > "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" and the content type is correctly "Content-type:
> > text/vnd.wap.wml".
> > Then i tried to compile my wap page to a wmlc page, and now it
> worked.
> > I have watched the etherreal log and it displays similar results as
> > with plain wml (just replace wml with wmlc).
>
> Actually content types here are:
>
> wml: text/vnd.wap.wml
> wmlc: application/vnd.wap.wmlc
>
> (So there are here more things than just changing wml to wlmc)
>

> > Now, my question is: Why does wmlc work when wml does not ????
> > Have i forgotten something ??
>
> Wml probably should *not* work. Phones except wmlc, it is, tokenized
> wml. But kannel does this for you.
>
> Aarno

Okay, so my phone does probably not support plain .wml pages.
You say that kannel translates my hosted wml pages to wmlc, but why
does the phone say "unsupported content" when doing this. When i
manually translate the wml file to wmlc (so kannel does not have to
compile it) it works.
Any idea, what might be wrong ??

Best regards, Thomas Soehus, DK

Hold styr på tiden!