You will have to modify Kannel for that.
The DLR is sent to the originating MS as soon as your SMSC receives the SMPP submit_resp PDU.
Kannel does this (someone correct me if I am wrong) automatically.

What you really want is to "hold" the submit_resp until you have got your response (200 or 404) back from your SIP client.

I remember (check the list) a patch for a provision for the other-way-around case is available (e.g. when sending a message - wait for the response until Kannel sends a 202 OK message back).

I don't know the details of this patch, but maybe it can be a starting point for making what you want.

Rene Kluwen
Chimit

Klaus Darilion wrote:
Hi all!

Is it possible to influence the delivery reports which are generated by the SMSC after delivering the SMS to kannel?

I have the following setup (SMS->SIP gateway):

mobile    SMSC     kannel     SIP client     SIP client
 | (GSM)    | (SMPP)  |  (HTTP)   |   (SIP)     |
 |--SMS---> |         |           |             |
 |          |-submit->|           |             |
 |<-delivrd-|         |           |             |
 |          |         |           |--MESSAGE--->|
 |          |         |           |<-404 NotFnd-|

If the originator requests an SMS delivery report, the SMSC will report "successful delivery" right after kannel accepted the SMS (if I understand SMPP correct). But at this moment, the SMS is not delivered to its final destination. Thus, the delivery may fail (as in the scenario above) but the mobile user thinks that the SMS reached its destination.

Is there a way prevent the delivery report (x) but create them manually in kannel? Or any other solution for this problem?

thanks,
klaus