Hey,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 11:26:28AM -0200, Juan Nin wrote:
> Enver ALTIN wrote:
> >>It looks like Fred passes additional pairs of key:values without the
> >>need of patching Kannel... that would be great!  :)
> >
> >No, he was adding some comments about another solution Stipe proposed,
> >so that was a totally different subject.
>
> I just realized that binfo is a variable that can be passed to sendsms...
>
> But according to what Fred says it looks like he uses it to pass
> aditional parameters to the smpp module...
>
> is this correct?
> can binfo be used to accomplish the modification of esm_class?
>
> if so, how should it be used?

Let me sum it up,

My patch adds another CGI parameter to sendsms called submission_mode,
and SMPP will directly set esm_class to that value.

Fred's solution was to prevent adding SMSC-specific sendsms parameters
by passing a list of name=value pairs via binfo and use that.

Both solutions are neither in CVS nor any Kannel release, if you want to
set esm_class to something different you'll have to rebuild Kannel by
yourself either by using the patch I posted or implementing a different
solution on your own.

-HTH
--
Enver