I know this has been asked before in one way or another but I didn't
notice any definitive answers.
My questions is this - WITHOUT using any special equipment and any
optimizations to the generic kannel, what's a reasonable SMS
throughput that I can expect.
Some people earlier gave numbers as high as 500sms/sec, others said no
more than 20sms/min.
I have a quad-band Wavecom GSM modem and fairly powerful hardware
(i.e. dual CPU machine with lots of RAM, which I don't think would be
the bottleneck anyway).
My provider is T-Mobile in the US, and I am just inserting a SIM from
phone into the modem.
So, comments welcome and please specify your setup. Once again, I am
not looking for responses like "yeah we get 500sms/sec with
proprietary software, 5 modems, etc".
I need to hear about people's experiences using vanilla Kannel setup,
reasonable hardware, and a modem similar to Wavecom.
Thanks in advance.