From: Joe Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 6:18 PM
To: Davor Spasoski; users@kannel.org
Subject: Re: Kannel 1.4.1-2 Greek Character Set

Hi Davor and thanks for the response,

I have tried what you have explained but have so far failed to have much
luck.

I am attempting to send the phrase ΗΕΛΛΟ. Through my hex conversions,
the actual body of the message being sent through HTTP to the smsbox is
%CE%97%CE%95%CE%9B%CE%9B%CE%9F.

The phone however is only displaying what appears to be |?|?|?|?|?.

Any idea what might be occuring here?

Thanks,

Davor Spasoski wrote:
> Basically, you have two ways of sending Greek alphabet, either using the
> UTF-8 or by using Greek capital which are part of the default GSM encoding.
> If you use the second method, which have the 160 characters per SMS
> advantage over UTF-8, try setting alt-dcs=1 that will guarantee using the
> default GSM encoding. Also make sure you actually encode those characters
> properly by using its appropriate hex code
> (http://www.visualtron.com/bit_default_alphabet.htm ), not by just typing
> those characters in Windows (UTF-8)
>
> BTW, this works for sure, I tried this.
>
> Davor Spasoski