There must be also other parameters like (but I dont think are relevant in
your case):

- At Kannel Side, in smpp group
service-type = "USSD"

- At USSD Center side, your client`s service type (among CMT, VMN, VMA
etc) should be configured as USSD.

I guess you have arranged also the pdu type to be deliver or submit_sm,
because data_sm is not available.

By the way which vendor is providing your USSDC?