Why don’t you try it on your own system. Test with a MyIsam table and with
InnoDB.

It will be easy to determine which one works faster for you.

== Rene

From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf Of
brett skinner
Sent: Tuesday, 10 August, 2010 11:56
To: Alejandro Guerrieri
Cc: Users
Subject: Re: Kannel performance benchmarking

Thanks for your feedback.

Guess it is the age old tao of computer science. Space vs Time, always space vs
time. :)

Regards,

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Alejandro Guerrieri
<alejandro.guerri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh yes, I read that blog quite frequently :) There's a lot of stuff to say
about optimizing InnoDB, but it's definitely off-topic here and wouldn't fit on
a single email of course.

We've gone thru a series of optimization cycles on our platform and, with
respect to Kannel, ended up using MyIsam for DLR's. We don't have any locking
issues, the only detail is we need to be careful when expiring old entries to
do it in small batches and not on peak hours.

For the rest of our applications, except for small and mostly read-only tables,
we use InnoDB and while seems "slower" when you do a couple of requests, it's a
_lot_ faster if you are under heavy traffic because of the row locking instead
of table locking.

Anyway, there's no a one-size-fits-all solution and if you really need to
sustain heavy traffic I'd recommend you do a lot of profiling and find the
bottlenecks either on the DB and the rest of your platform.

Regards,

Alex

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM, brett skinner <tatty.dishcl...@gmail.com>