Then your modem will work as  proxy.

Following your example, your friends will send an sms to your Modem number.
I suppose the operator you are attached to, provides this basic service of
Credit Transfer through SMS, lets say send <MSISDN> <amount> to 1111.
All you have to do is to build your logic after you receive the sms in your
modem. Keep the originator coming from MO message, compose the message with
the proper keyword&Destination(MoneyReceiver)&amount and send it to the
proper shortcode of operator.

About performing the same action through USSD, the standard formatshould be
something like this; *111*MSISDN*AMOUNT#

Other guys in the forum may help you how you can initiate USSD strings from
the modem, if it is possible.

Elton