On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 14:35, MOSES KARIUKI wrote:
> After purging the previous Kannel, I have been able to install using make
> install. I am using Ubuntu.
>
> The bearerbox is running fine. But Once I shut down the Terminal, it shuts
> down the Kannel. I would like to know how I can run kannel as a service
> such that when I close the terminal, kannel wont shut down.

If you download it and install from deb files (link in my original mail)
you will find file /etc/default/kannel which you have to edit to enable
or disable smsbox and wapbox.

After that you can start and stop kannel using CLI command:
/etc/init.d/kannel start
or to stop it:
/etc/init.d/kannel start

Kannel will 'run as a service' i.e. in daemon mode.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net