On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 15:53, MOSES KARIUKI wrote:
> I followed this instructions but I used gateway version 1.5.0. However, I
> cant find the kannel file under default.
> Do i have to uninstall it and Install from Milan's dpkg in the link?

If you don't have experience in compiling software yourself it would be
a lot easier for you to download files I mentioned earlier and install
them 'by hand'.

Files at:
https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/files
are built for Debian Squeeze, but they work on Ubuntu and other
derivative distributions which are based on Squeeze release and later
Debian (wheezy). I think they should work on the last few versions of
Ubuntu, also.

First, you have to remove whatever kannel files you installed/compiled
and then install .deb files by hand. For example:

dpkg -i kannel_1.5.0-1_amd64.deb
dpkg -i kannel-dev_1.5.0-1_amd64.deb (if you want to install development
files)

dpkg will complain (probably) that dependencies are not satisfied but
ignore that and start aptitude or synaptic (or appropriate package
manager) and install missing dependencies (packages which are required
for kannel).

After that you should have to configure/edit files in /etc/kannel/
according your need.

These steps are for Debian based distributions and not for RH/Centos.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta,        http://www.arvanta.net