If you know a tcpdump would do, why don't you use it? On a linux machine
you would do: tcpdump -w FILENAME.pcap -s 0 host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (for
example) then use wireshark software to read the resulting file from the
capture.

Once on wireshark you can search for SMPP params, like phone number.

hope this helps.